Tuesday, April 15, 2008

and the winner is....










Asics! Boy, what drama trying to find a good pair of shoes, I'm on my third pair. With all the rubbing and blisters and loose heels, on and on....I've finally found them! The training for the 1/2 marathon has become a very slow crawl now...trying to heal - I also have an old platform shoe ankle injury that's rearing it's ugly head, boy I thought this would be a cinch, but it's not. I'll keep you posted.
Sam is so funny, he started to play a game where he follows me around and tries to bite my toes (Jared used to play the same game when we were first married JK!) when he gets to my foot I yell a little and he LAUGHS, he thinks he's so funny. He's also in an "unloading" stage - you name it he unloads it....as I LOAD the dishwasher, he UNLOADS it - he unloads the pantry, the bookshelves...I can't keep up! He's so efficient.
It was Jared's birthday on the 11th, I was surprised to realize it was his 36th - WOH! I gave him a hard time - maybe not super appropriate for those folks over 35 - sorry sweets:) We decorated the house, made him a cake and got a few gifts. Most excitingly we went on a DATE - a real one, where we got a babysitter and everything!!! We went to the movie...very exciting I know, but it felt GREAT! (though we talked about the kids the whole way there) Amelia gave Jared balloons for his birthday and made him some really nice pictures. She kept saying Happy Valentines Day and singing Happy Birthday to herself.
When I was little I remember my dad reading the "Clifford" books to us. He could barely make it through them because he was laughing SO hard. Tears streaming down his bright red face, choking through each page of Clifford's hilarious antics. I remember thinking, these books are just NOT that funny, but we would laugh, because Dad was so funny:) I had the same experience today with Amelia while reading "If you give a pig a party". That book is HILARIOUS...I'm telling you...I think it's the reading it to a child who is similar to the main character PLUS the illustrations...it's a good one for sure. BUT I found myself laughing hard, the tears were there - red-faced, the same choking out each phrase, Amelia looking at me with wonder, but laughing anyway - it probably just wasn't THAT funny, but...I am my father's daughter:)

3 comments:

Sharee said...

You always have the cutest posts! Happy Birthday to Jared...my hubby has him beat...he turns 37! I love your experience reading that book to Amelia. WAY CUTE! Sounds like something I would do too...ha ha!

The Fantastic Four said...

Happy Birthday, Jared!! Sounds like you guys had a great day. I was laughing/crying/red-faced after reading about Sam biting toes. SO CUTE!! =) I'd love to see it.

Alan and Lynette said...

I wore those plateform shoes the other day and thought of you! Who knew they would still be haunting you! Happy birthday Jared!