Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gratitude

Sometimes, when Amelia is really happy, not hyper, just happy...ie. we had a dinner she likes, Sam makes her laugh, or Dad brings home a "prize" for her, she'll spontaneously start to pray. When she does these "happy" prayers, she just thanks Heavenly Father...for everything. Today she did this. She said "Momma, this was a nummie dinner, thank you", then she thanked Heavenly Father for Sam, Dada, Sister Johnson, Keerie, Adam, Matt, on and on. It reminded me of when I was keeping a gratitude journal - it changed my perspective so much so, that I mark my life as changed after that point. I've decided that I'll follow my daughter's example, in a way, and start one here. Thanks Sissy for the reminder.

1 comment:

The Fantastic Four said...

So cute!! This story put a huge smile on my face. Amelia, you are such a special girl. =)