Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A day in the life



We're SO glad when Daddy comes home!

It was just one of those days. Went to bed early, work up early - 5:30, exercised, ate well, read scriptures BEFORE everyone was up, got all my housework done, played hard with those babies, cooked great meals, even got a brief nap...it was AWESOME! These days are so rare, something always comes up, but today....boy it felt great! Amelia insisted on being a bunny all day..very cute, she loves music...I'll have to get on teaching her soon. She is also learning to be such a big helper. She has several chores that she does, but really she helps me with all the housework. Tuesdays are "Floor" days at my house which means cleaning, shaking, scrubbing, vacuuming, all floors/rugs in the house - she was right with me the whole time, rag in hand...or stroller in hand (that's her pretend vacuum) and she just beams when we're all done. She also makes her bed in the morning and unloads the silverware from the dishwasher regularly, I've seen her really take pride in "HER jobs". She and Sam both enjoy a rousing game of "laundry locomotive", which is after we get laundry done, they both get rides in the laundry basket, which is fun for them, and a real workout for me, but a girl's gotta have fun:)
1/2 Marathon update - blisters are healing, I got new shoes, so NEW blisters are forming. Heidi and I did about 10 or 11 miles Saturday, this Saturday we'll be doing 13, just to truly feel prepared...it's only 3 weeks away!! Exciting!
Garden update - lot's of things sprouting peas, beans, lettuces....now we're just trying to nail down a plan for the rest of the yard. We haven't seen the yard in the summer...or spring for that matter, so it's hard to decide what to plant where...any suggestions?

Well, better prep for Sunday's sharing time - also open to suggestions!!




6 comments:

Sharee said...

So cute pictures, and way to go on preparing for the marathon, and having such a good day, and wow getting all that stuff done in ONE day! I love days like that too! I'll do sharing time for you if you do Relief Society...want to trade?

The Fantastic Four said...

YAY homemade pizza!! =) No pineapple?? hehehe.

That is SO AWESOME that you are going to walk a marathon. Go you. =)

Miss and love ya.

Alan and Lynette said...

You're little ones are getting so big! Reading about all the latest and greatest adventures with them always makes me smile! You are amazing!

Deja said...

Okay Janelle, if you keep being mother, wife, and saint of the year I just might have to come over and Learn!! You really are such a good example of being such a wonderful mother! I guess if I stay friends with you long enough your good can only rub off one me!!

Michelle Johnston said...

Janelle! Its Michelle Johnston. I'm so glad that I found your cute blog and that I get to see your kids all growing up so fast! I cant believe it. How do you like it there in Garden City? We miss you here. You look as beautiful as ever, and way to go on the Easter outfits! You are amazing, as always. Keep in touch!

Michelle said...

Janelle -

Thank you for blogging - I love to have this forum to check in on you and the little ones. They're so adorable, and I really enjoy reading your notes (you and I always had a similar way of seeing things, huh?). Glads things are going well.

Lots of hugs for everyone,
Michelle Stottlemire